With its long tradition of science and higher education, Montpellier is internationally recognized for its research in the fields of health, agronomy and environment. It is also the cradle of modern medicine.
Today, Montpellier is the French leader in research on new farming models and environmental management
. By bringing together entrepreneurs, scientists, educators and researchers in the same program, Accent Français and Campus France are using this scientific dynamic to make international students appreciate French technological know-how.
French as a foreign language
: 15 hours per week (from level A1)
Science and Technology Block
- Acquisition and reinforcement of linguistic, communicational and intercultural skills.
- Acquisition and reinforcement of grammar and syntax
- Practice of written and oral communication.
: hours per week (course taught in English), required English level: B2.
- Company visits
- Laboratory visits
- 1 session of introduction to existing Engineering courses, lecture or conference
- Work sessions, in the afternoon = 3 hours per session
- 1 thematic debate (conducted in English = 3 h): to encourage students to develop their personal reflection and to project themselves into their future career as engineers by debating various issues.
Non-contractual program, subject to change.
: Students deepen their knowledge by attending presentations of experts working in the environmental field (including managers of small and medium sized companies).
Program goals :
This three weeks program on environmental themes enables participants to
- Take part in group discussions about problems and issues that scientists and engineers are facing.
- Individually think about potential careers in high-tech companies and which education and training programs are most likely to accelerate the start of those careers.
- Meeting the important challenges of the 21st century in ways that are consistent with the objectives of sustainable development and the Paris agreement on climate change.
- Promote innovative farming methods and practices that use research, education and training to ensure food security and environmental quality for a world population expected to reach 9 billion people by 2050, manage our natural resources sustainably, cure chronic and emerging diseases, and make the transition to environmentally friendly societies.
31/05-18/06/2021 and 12/07-30/07/2021
A minimum of 10 students is required.
French + Science & University Housing : 2000 €
French + Science & Host Family : 2100 €
French + Science & Private apartment : 2200 €
Brochure French Sciences at Accent Français - Brochure Campus France
Evaluations and feedback
of your teachers every week
at the end of the programme
of your level TCF exam (optional)