Summer is soon upon us and today we are pleased to introduce the very complete program of activities that you will be able to enjoy during our ‘Summer course’ for adults. In addition to combining culture and friendship, this package will help you save money !
Join us to speak French and discover the authentic French culture and the South of France with fellow adults.
After the presentation of the school, of the courses and your new classmates, you will begin the week with an enjoyable tour of the city of Montpellier with our exceptional profesional guide, Jean-Paul. Thanks to this history buff and Occitanie enthusiast (Montpellier is part of the Occitanie region), you will already have a good insight into what the city has to offer after your first day.
The following Mondays, in order to rest your tired legs, we will organise the screening of a film (Ciné-club). At the end of the ‘French film of the week’, a teacher will host a debate about the film and evoke a specific topic of French culture. This is the perfect activity in order to practise your listening and comprehension skills, to increase your vocabulary and to update your cultural references.
In the afternoon of your second day, you will have the chance to discover the Mediterranean beaches or the Lake of le Crès (Lac du Crès).
There are several ways to get to the beach from Montpellier. Soon, the crazy beach-volley games, picnics and swimming under the sun of the south of France will be yours to savour!! Don’t forget your swimsuits and sunscreen !
The following day, the accent will be put on culture. During the whole length of your stay, you will have the chance to uncover several French cultural references not only through cinema, music, and food but also thanks to Art. Montpellier offers a multitude of exhibitions all year-round that take place within museums. We offer guided tours in French and at times we will even organise a meeting with an artist !
- MOCO : the Montpellier Contemporary Art Centre regroups an art school and two exhibition halls dedicated to modern art (La Panacée and Hôtel des Collections)
- Le Pavillon Populaire : art venue dedicated to photography
- Musée Fabre : the main museum in Montpellier for fine arts, one of the nicest in Europe, with a special section dedicated to the works of Pierre Soulages
- Meet-and-greet sessions with authors or conferences are also organised in the school on a regular basis in order to learn and exchange on varied subjects, for example with La Maison de l'Europe Montpellier
- Planétarium Galilée Montpellier (Montpeller planetarium)
We also transmit the southern French culture through its ancestral traditions like Occitan dancing or Pétanque ! Come and create social cohesion with people from all around the world with ‘les boules’ and ‘le cochonnet’ and ‘la Farandole’.
France is first and foremost renowned for its gastronomy ! Every week, you will be able to socialise with your new Francophone friends in a laid-back manner while enjoying delicious delicacies in a wine-bar or crêperie.
To get deeper knowledge of the culinary culture of France, each Friday afternoon, tastings will be organised for local specialties- pastry, chocolate, cheese and wine.
In order to feel lighter after all the different tastings, you will be happy to know that Montpellier is recognised as a European Capital of Sports. Feel free to join our extraordinary activity planner Quentin and your new friends for games of football, basketball or any other athletic activity.
Last but not least, Montpellier, its region and the beautiful Occitanie region are also renowned for their historic and architectural values with several UNESCO World Heritage sites. Excursions are planned every weekend throughout the year.
Accent Français takes care of everything : transportation and guided tours. Discover magnificent places of interest that will make your travel back through the ages, such as Nîmes, Avignon, the Pont du Gard, the Camargue with Aigues-Mortes, Carcassonne, Marseille, Sète, Saint-Guilhem-le-Désert.
And to make your stay even more complete, there are several options for accommodation :
- a French host family selected with care in order to understand France, its traditions and inhabitants in a safe and warm environment. Several options are available (with breakfast/ half-board/ self-catering with room and access to the kitchen)
- independent studio for a more autonomous stay
- studio or flat in a tourist residence to combine the independence of a studio with the comforts and services of a hotel.
- studio in a student residence for an average budget
- room on campus, our low-cost option
- hotels, ideal for shorter stays
We are looking forward to welcoming you this summer and introducing you to the south of France- with all those activities and so much more !
Example of the schedule
(this list of activities is non-exhaustive, it can vary depending on weeks, enrolled students and availabilities)